Introduction to Moonriver
Moonriver is a companion network to Moonbeam and serves as a canary network. It is a layer 1 solution built on Kusama and serves as a testing environment. New code is first deployed to Moonriver, where it can be tested and validated in real-world economic conditions. The same code is then deployed to Moonbeam on Polkadot.
MOVR is the utility token of the Moonriver Network, and it serves the following functions:
- Payment for transactions fees.
- Payment for the execution of smart contracts.
- Incentivizing collators to produce blocks to keep the network running efficiently.
- Facilitation of Moonriver's on-chain governance system.
AirGap MOVR Wallet
AirGap MOVR Wallet provides a convenient way to store, transfer, and stake MOVR while keeping your private keys completely offline. The staking process in AirGap is simple, intuitive, and comes with a simplified UI.
How to set up a MOVR account.
This guide uses XTZ as an example, but the same steps can set up MOVR in AirGap. Step by step guide on how to set up all available protocols in AirGap
How to delegate MOVR in AirGap
Moonriver official Community
- Website: https://moonbeam.network/networks/moonriver/
- Discord: https://discord.gg/amTRXQ9ZpW
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonriverNW
- Telegram: https://t.me/Moonbeam_Official